Trams! Progress report since LD40.
So since the jam (LD40, roughly three months ago) I've been working on a few things, which include the following:
- an in-game level editor, with a live preview to make the process of making levels easier
- first steps of adding trams as an environmental obstacle, as just the base functionality was quite small
- made it so that at obvious corners, where there is only one turn to be made, no instruction needs to be issued, as can be seen in the below image 
- improved the user interface  a bit so that indications for whether taxis are alive/dead are clearer
- changes destinations into depots that taxis automatically turn into when they pass them, instead of the previous unclear markers in the road, as you can see in 
I hope to get all of this in the hands of people soon, putting together some more levels and working on a new feature where taxis will be able to trigger pressure plates, which will toggle the movement of elements these plates are linked to (such as trams), so you might have a tram blocking the road, but by routing a taxi a certain path, you can unblock yourself!
Thats all for now :)
A programming puzzle game take on taxi direction
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.